I tried to blog earlier this evening, but after typing for 30 min. or so I hit a key and it all went away never to be seen again. I wonder what Jesus would have done?
- Heal the computer?
- Cast the demon out of it?
- Cause the computer to wither away like the fig tree?
I’m going to try again with some brief comments.
- The worship on Monday had over 1,000 worshipers. It was the largest Lutheran service I’ve ever attended.
- Presiding Bishop Mark Hanson preached the sermon at worship. He’s a good preacher, but he brought his “A” game today. He elicited “Amens,” clapping, and shouts of approval to such an extent that I thought we must have been in full communion with the Baptists.
- We passed an ELCA Malaria Campaign, a $15 million commitment over the next four years to fight malaria in Africa.
- We had a presentation of the budget. I don’t have my notes in front of me, but as I recall, the budget will be 24% less than the last budget passed in 2009. In return we’re to get a “leaner, meaner” churchwide office.
- We voted down motions to give ourselves more time for debate and deliberations this week. I appreciate the thought, but all our time is filled as-is. Indeed, tonight’s session ran about 40 minutes over time.
I get to assist with communion tomorrow. I’m looking forward to that. I’m not looking forward to the 7:15 am rehearsal.
Blessings -- Allen